China Report

Tell China to world

Monday, February 20, 2006

The Freedom of Chinese Internet Users is None of Mr Capitol Hill’s Business

When I heard the news that the U.S. Congressional hold the hearings on the cooperation of four large Internet companies (Microsoft, Google, Yahoo and Cisco) with the Chinese government, I thought, well, that‘s your company, this has nothing to do with we Chinese, it is the Americans' internal affairs. But when I heard that the US congress pass the so called “Global Online Freedom Act”, which they WILL protect the Chinese people's right to free speech. I thought, wait, it is RIDICULOUS! I never thought my right of free speech need the protect from the US Government.

In Chinese history, people, no matter when and who, who loves his motherland are always hold this kind of strong belief: A country is great because even in its darkest and most trying days, there are always young people who love this land, and who are absolutely unwilling to give up their pursuit of the dream of freedom, democracy, peace and prosperity for the nation. This kind of dream is not bestowed upon us by some United States. We can only realize this kind of dream ourselves. This is true no matter for which country, isn’t it?

This is our country; this is our land. We will make China free, democratic, peaceful and prosperous, and we are doing it right now. This is where we and our children belong. A failed country will suffer the discrimination of others, that’s already proved by the fact, dozens of the fact.

When I read the report that the people, the foreigners, use "autocratic" to describe China, I feel deep humiliation as a Chinese. This kind of shame, one will remembers for the rest of his life. It is not for me myself, it is for we are entire generation. I am so sure that I can speak out for them, cause the true is always the true, it is unchangeable.

This emotion and pain might not be understood by foreigners, actually I mean Americans. If the U.S. Congress to hold a hearing on the freedom of Internet information of Chinese, this is indeed an issue for the American people. But the bill to be submitted about freedom of Internet information treats the freedom of Chinese Internet users is absolutely too much for we can endure.

we as individuals believe that we have a beautiful future. We, the Chinese themselves are the only people who can fight for their rights and freedoms.


The real way to resolve the situation is Chinese Internet users gradual increase of freedoms, in line with the law. Do remember that this is my country, our country, the country we love, no one hopes for her freedom more than we do.

Finally, I just want to say that do not reach too far, Mr Capitol Hill, mind you own buiness!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home